“We made a domain, whybuyfromclays.com, to use on all marketing information,” explains Clay. “It contains reasons why people would want to buy from us. We think it creates curiosity so the customer would want to go online to find out more.” The domain address, which can be found in the Yellow Page listings and other advertising, has been receiving a lot of hits.
Some reasons listed for why a customer would choose to buy from Clay’s include:
- Family owned and operated for 46 years with owners on premises.
- Power Equipment is our specialty. We don’t sell paint, hardware, or lumber. We are the power equipment experts.
- We service what we sell. We employ industry certified, factory trained service technicians that will keep your equipment running long after your purchase.
- 2007 Yard & Garden magazine National Dealers in Excellence award winner.
- Excellent parts inventory for most brands with fast delivery of special order parts.
They currently offer Internet sales for certain manufacturer lines, but hope to expand their offering in the future, realizing that it has been good for business. “It gives us an opportunity to expand our business without the overhead, creating another business within a business,” says Clay.
Clay works hard to market his business effectively to a wide range of customers. Once his aggressive advertising brings them through the door, they are all treated the same — as invaluable customers.