Progressive offers a list of other cost-reducing tips:
- Increase your deductible for physical damage insurance, but make sure it’s still an amount you’ll be able to pay out of pocket if something does happen.
- Pay your insurance in full to get up to a 5% discount.
- Insure personal vehicles with the same insurance company; you may qualify for a multi-policy discount.
- Experience counts. Make sure your agent knows how long you’ve been in business, and how long you’ve been a customer. You may qualify for certain discounts.
- Anti-theft devices such as OnStar may qualify you for additional discounts.
- Maintain a good credit history.
- Park your vehicles in a safe, well-lighted location.
These are all smart things you can do to save what you can. But make no mistake—commercial auto insurance, and insurance in general, is going to cost you. But not having it could end up costing you a lot more when you least expect it.