Two things remind us that we're knocking on spring's doorstep: March Madness college hoops and the onslaught of lawn care-based TV commercials from mass retailers like Home Depot and Lowe's.
Check, and check.
Now we're into April, and that means it's National Lawn Care Month!
PLANET, the national landscaping and lawn care industry association, wants to help contractors share their passion and knowledge for lawn care with the general public. To that end, PLANET has created a web page that allows contractors to access a variety of promotional resources, including:
- National Lawn Care Month logo
- Infographic on why Americans love their lawns
- Press release you can adapt to send to local media
In addition to these core promotional tools, PLANET also offers some guidance for communicating via social media. For example:
- On Twitter, use #LawnCareMonth
- Instagram photos of your work and use #LawnCareMonth
- Post lawn care facts on Facebook throughout the month of April
- Blog about National Lawn Care Month and add content to your company newsletters, if you have them
Other resources are also available, including a historical look at lawns, a scientific look at grass, information for children, and more.