Workers' Compensation fraud can be very damaging to your business and remaining staff. Being involved throughout the claim process is vital to combating fraud. Here are six steps to help you combat fraud from the very beginning.
1. Obtain signed statements from the injured employee and witnesses.
2. Investigate the site and take pictures.
3. Develop a strict reporting policy and designate a trusted employee.
4. Review medical records – invest time in monitoring where the employee is getting treatment and what doctors are saying.
5. Know your employee and whether or not they have past claims.
6. Surveillance – If you have suspicions, try to get evidence on video surveillance.