Hillsboro, OR-based Pacific Landscape Management held its fourth annual Sustainability Fair on June 27. The event is free to attend with advanced registration, and showcases environmentally friendly landscape design and practices.
Five workshops were offered:
- "Sustainable Landscape Solutions" provided an overview of Pacific's operation and practices
- "Weather Based Irrigation" outlined the theory and cost savings of weather-based irrigation control
- "Lawn Alternatives for Reduced Maintenance" covered the efficiency and economy of ground cover other than grass
- "Rain Gardens and Bio-swales" detailed the development of procedures that make such landscape features work as intended
- "Green Roofs and Green Walls" presented novel uses of low-maintenance flora suitable to the Pacific Northwest.