Recent surveys by industry publications have turned up a long list of challenges that dealers are facing: low profit margins, cash flow, weather, competition from online and retail outlets, finding qualified help, increased operating costs, where to spend advertising dollars, pressure from manufacturer/supplier partners, service pricing and more.
In response, outdoor power equipment dealership consultant Bob Clements has crafted a seminar program for the 2013 GIE+EXPO (the Green Industry & Equipment Expo) in Louisville, KY, that addresses many of these pressing issues. Watch a video of Bob Clements speaking for a seminar at the 2012 GIE+EXPO here.
In addition to benefitting from management sessions, dealers can also bring their technicians to GIE+EXPO for skills training that will enhance the value of their service department and provide their team with exposure to the latest trends, techniques, tools and equipment.
Kris Kiser, president and CEO of the Outdoor Power Equipment Institute Inc., one of the sponsors of GIE+EXPO, said, "If we can help dealers be more profitable, the entire industry benefits. I encourage dealers to take advantage of the opportunity to enhance their strategies and offer their techs additional training and industry awareness."
Dealer Day, Wednesday, October 23, 2013, will be exclusively for dealers, retailers and distributors to meet one-on-one with exhibitors, attend seminars and preview new products featured at the tradeshow and Hardscape North America (HNA), which is co-located with GIE+EXPO. The dealer and technician seminars are part of Dealer Day, which was introduced in 2012 at GIE+EXPO.
On Wednesday the indoor exhibits will be open from 3 to 7 p.m. with a welcome reception on the show floor starting at 5 p.m. On Thursday and Friday, October 24 and 25, GIE+EXPO, HNA and the Outdoor Demonstration Area will be open to all industry participants.
A Dealer Resource Pavilion will be open Wednesday through Friday offering products, advice and techniques to generate high performance.
Free GIE+EXPO Seminars for Dealership Owners and Managers Presented by Bob Clements International
- Take on the Box Stores, the Economy and Internet Sellers ... and WIN! (Wednesday, October 23, 11 a.m. to noon)
- Find and Hire the Right People for Your Dealership (Wednesday, October 23, 2 to 3 p.m.)
- Improve Your Margins without Losing your Customers (Thursday, October 24, 11 a.m. to noon)
- How to Maximize your Advertising Dollars (Thursday, October 24, 2 to 3 p.m.)
- Change the Experience and Improve Your Profits (Friday, October 25, 11 a.m. to noon)
- How to Handle Objections and Close More Sales (Friday, October 25, 2 to 3 p.m.)
GIE+EXPO Seminars for Technicians - EETC Continuing Education Units and Power Pro Approved
- Offered through the North American Equipment Dealers Association (NAEDA) and Equipment & Engine Training Council (EETC)
- Advanced Electrical Diagnostics (Wednesday, 8:30 to 11 a.m., $45)
- Advanced Two-Stroke Engine Diagnostics (Wednesday, 12:30 to 3 p.m., $45)
- Basics in Diagnosing Hydraulic Systems (Wednesday, 8:30 to 10 a.m., 10:30 a.m. to noon, 1 to 2:30 p.m.; $30)
- Basics in Diesel Engine Diagnostics (Wednesday, 8:30 to 10 a.m., 10:30 a.m. to noon, 1 to 2:30 p.m.; $30)
Online registration for GIE+EXPO will be open by March 1. For more information about GIE+EXPO 2013, visit www.gie-expo.com.