Beginning with the May/June issue, Green Industry PRO and Yard & Garden magazines, published by Cygnus Business Media, will combine their editorial and distribution strengths to create a new, merged business-to-business landscape magazine titled Green Industry Pros.
In announcing this change, Deirdre D’Aniello, the new publisher for the Cygnus landscape brands, explained, “Currently, we publish one magazine for landscaping contractors and another for power equipment dealers. We believe the new Green Industry Pros magazine will strengthen the contractor-dealer-manufacturer communication chain and provide our advertisers a more efficient, cost-effective media buy.”
With the magazine merger, the Cygnus Landscape Network will include:
- Green Industry Pros magazine
- The Pro Report e-newsletter targeting landscaping contractors
- Equipment Dealer Digest e-newsletter targeting landscape power equipment dealers
- GreenIndustryPros.com, the network web portal providing news, Product Guide, business management information and online forums for the landscaping industry.
Green Industry Pros magazine launches with the May/June 2013 issue and publishes bi-monthly for the remainder of 2013: May/June, July/August, September/October and November/December.
The audience consists of landscape contractors and landscape equipment dealers in decision-making roles.
The Editorial mix reflects readers’ preference for three subject categories common to contractors and dealers:
- Equipment and product trends
- Productivity, reducing downtime, service and parts information
- Industry trends
“From an editorial perspective, Lisa Danes and I are excited to foster dialogue and understanding between landscaping contractors and equipment dealers,” commented Editor-in-Chief Gregg Wartgow. “The magazine will give each audience better insights about the other side of the industry, while the e-newsletters will present more targeted editorial content.” Danes continues as magazine editor.