The Tree Care Industry Association (TCIA) says its recent Tree Injection Summit held in Arcadia, CA, was a hit. Hosted at the LA County Arboretum and Botanical Garden, 87 attendees reviewed all aspects of tree injection, everything from the deeply scientific to the practical. The summit combined cutting edge presentations and demonstrations. Practical application discussions and demos related to tree injection made this Summit unique, TCIA says.
Dr. Bruce Fraedrich of Bartlett Tree Research Labs kicked off the event by giving a "State of the Union of Tree Injection" and set the tone for the rest of the day. Topics ran the gamut, including:
- Tree injection decisions
- Tree wounding from tree injection and tree injection materials
- Tree injection equipment demo
- Effective marketing and sales of tree injection
- Sales and marketing best practices breakout
"This interactive Summit really went into dynamic details," says Bob Rouse, chief program officer for TCIA and organizer of the Summit. "Attendees walked away with a thorough understanding of tree injection, from start to finish."
Next Summit on September 24 in Illinois
The third Tree Injection Summit will be held at the Morton Arboretum in Lisle, IL, on September 24. Speakers and panelists include, but are not limited to:
- Dr. Bruce Fraedrich, Bartlett Tree Research Labs
- Dr. E. Thomas Smiley, Bartlett Tree Research Labs
- Dr. Kevin Smith, USFS
- Chip Doolittle, ArborSystems
- Nathan E. Dodds, Mauget
- Dr. Roger Webb, Tree Tech Microinjection Systems
- Dr. Bert Clegg, Michigan State University
- John Fischback, Medi-Ject Tree Injection Systems
- Dr. Phil Lewis, USDA-APHIS
- Bert Clegg, Michigan State University
- Jim Zwack, Davey Tree Expert Company
- Joel Spies, Rainbow Treecare Scientific Advancements
- Eric Bristol, Arborjet
There are only 85 spots available for this popular event, so register early at TCIA.org or by calling 800-733-2622. Cost is $90 for TCIA members, and $125 for non-members. In addition, attendees can earn 8 CEUs.