Both two-wheel-drive Zahn trenchers are designed to perform trenching tasks in traditional fashion with non-traditional power, speed and efficiency. Equipped with an InterChange connection that accepts two types of highly productive trenchers, the 2WD R300 delivers enhanced trenching performance on even the tightest jobsites, Ditch Witch says. Hydraulic drive eliminates maintenance of chains, belts and linkages, and allows the use of a reversible digging chain that dislodges rocks and other debris without manual assistance.
- Kohler engine (23 hp/17.1 kW or 30 hp/22.4 kW)
- Selectable ground-drive speed ranges enable the operator to choose the optimal speed for different applications
- Trench-depth indicator (2WD models only) allows the operator to continually monitor the depth of the trench from the operator’s station
- Two-wheel-drive models accept chains up to 8 inches wide, while the 4WD model accepts up to a 12-inch chain
- Optional Roto Witch enables boring under sidewalks and other obstacles
- Multiple tire options for multiple tasks: 18-inch air-filled tires; 18-inch urethane-filled, flat-proof tires; 20-inch urethane-filled, flat-proof tires