The John Deere Gator HPX 4X4 Utility Vehicle features a 617cc (21-hp), liquid-cooled, twin-cylinder, four-cycle Kawasaki gasoline engine. Other features include:
- Hydro-formed steel frame provides added strength, rigidity and durability
- Easy-to-load, heavy-duty steel cargo box with 1,000-pound capacity. Loads at under 3 feet, and tilts for easy dumping.
- Payload and towing capacity of 1,400 pounds
- Two-speed continuously variable transmission for optimal towing, hauling and pulling in low gear up to 12 mph and transport in high gear up to 25 mph
- On-Demand True 4-Wheel Drive automatically senses when rear wheels slip, then engages front wheels with full torque
- Four-wheel suspension tuned to cushion operator when carrying a full load or when empty
- Smooth Steer Technology reduces steering effort by up to 30%?
- SAE and OSHA certified ROPS