The PTO-driven AERA-vator is a coreless lawn aerator for Grasshopper FrontMount mowers. The Aera-vator implement is designed to relieve compaction and aerate turf without prior irrigation, leaving no cores to clean up. Models are now available with 50% more tines to loosen soil without disrupting the surface.
The Aera-vator design is intended to provide effective aeration with minimal surface disruption, so turf is available for use immediately after treatment. According to Grasshopper, the AERA-vator's out-front attachment configuration reduces fatigue when compared to using walk-behind aerators.
- Oscillating, forged-steel tines penetrate and fracture hard, dry soils without slicing or cutting
- Available in 40- and 60-inch models
- Compatible with Grasshopper Model 620T and any 700 or 900 Series power units
- Aerate in hard-to-reach areas with zero-turn maneuverability
Suggested applications from Grasshopper for the implement include:
- Improving drainage in turf areas that tend to pool
- Reducing the need for chemical applications through improved absorption
- Lifting and freshening beds without disturbing mulch
- Preparing bare ground for seeding or sodding