Loftness Specialized Equipment has released a new version of its Kwik-Trim compact mechanical tree trimmer for right-of-way maintenance work. Featuring an upgraded chassis and powertrain, the new unit offers more horsepower, increased stability and easier maintenance than the previous model.
Equipped with a turbocharged 47.6-hp diesel engine, the Kwik-Trim meets tier 4 compliance without requiring diesel exhaust fluid (DEF). In addition to producing more power, the updated engine provides superior fuel efficiency, Loftness assures.
Other key features include:
- 800 pounds heavier with an operating footprint that is 7 inches wider and 7 inches longer than previous version
- New hose reel mount eliminates the need for external boom support during transport
- Easier access to hydraulic components
- Winch has been moved to a more convenient location at the front center of the machine
- Fiberglass-reinforced plastic (FRP) boom telescopes to 53 feet
- At the end of the boom is a 24-inch, carbide-tipped saw blade, which operates at 3,000 rpm