Specticle is a pre-emergent herbicide from Bayer Environmental Science (BES) which received EPA registration in late-2010. Designed for use on warm-season turf, the company says Specticle delivers outstanding residual, broad spectrum control and an extremely low use rate.
- Recommended use rate is 2.5 to 5.0 ounces per acre, depending on the weeds to be controlled and length of control desired; this rate is reportedly up to 40 times less active ingredient than any other pre-emergent herbicide on the market, according to Bayer
- The active ingredient, indaziflam, is a cellulose biosynthesis inhibitor (CBI)
- Specticle is an improvement over other CBI herbicides because it has activity across both grassy and broadleaf weeds, according to Bayer
- Control of Poa annua, crabgrass, goosegrass and broadleaf weeds
- Can be used on popular warm-season turf grasses including Bermudagrass, zoysiagrass, centipedegrass, St. Augustinegrass, and seashore paspalum
- Formulated as a wettable powder available in pre-measured water-soluble packets