Weber MT says its CR 6 H reversible soil compactor is the perfect all-around compactor. Delivering a compaction force of 11,250 pounds, The CR 6 H can be used in a variety of projects, including backfills and the compaction of interlocking paving stones.
The machine's optional Compatrol technology can help reduce work time by up to 25%, the company says. Compatrol measures the acceleration increase and decrease of the compactor´s base plate, compares the measured values with the registered soil characteristics, and translates the results into "electric voltage". Thus, the displayed compaction result is easy to understand, the company assures. The primary benefit of having the Compatrol feature is uniform compaction due to continuous measurement, resulting in less rework and no overcompaction. The system also helps to assess the bearing capacity of the compacted soil layers.
- Less rework and no overcompaction
- Uniform compaction due to continuous measurement, weak points are identified
- Quality assurance on confined sites (e.g. in trenches or backfill areas)
Other features of the CR 6H include:
- Compact size, which can vary from 18 to 24 inches to 28 inches, lends itself to a variety of compaction jobs
- Hydraulic, highly variable shifter for forward and reverse travel
- Adjustable handles that help reduce hand and arm vibrations