Caterpillar's 272D Skid-Steer Loader and 299D Compact Track Loader, which replaced the company's C Series predecessors, are now joined by a pair of high-performance counterparts, the 272D XHP and 299D XHP, which are the largest, most powerful skid-steer and compact track loaders Caterpillar has ever built.
- Cat C3.8 engine meets Stage IIIB and Tier 4 Interim emissions standards
- Net-horsepower increases range from 5-18% while flywheel torque is increased from 13-27%
- Larger lift cylinders provide a 19% boost in lifting force
- Electrically activated quick coupler replaces the previously used hydraulically actuated coupler, allowing a simpler design that eliminates hydraulic lines, connectors and valves
- Self-relieving quick disconnects allow work tool changes to be made more quickly and easily