The five compact-radius Cat E Series Mini Hydraulic Excavators—303.5E CR, 304E CR, 305E CR, 305.5E CR and 308E CR SB—all use new engines that meet Stage IIIA/Tier 4 Interim emissions regulations, and incorporate new features such as the COMPASS control panel, standard high-ambient cooling package, more efficient auxiliary hydraulics, and redesigned control layout.
- COMPASS – Complete Operation, Maintenance, Performance, And Security System (includes anti-theft system)
- Economy Mode on 3.5- to 5.5-ton machines can lower fuel consumption by 20%
- Continuous-flow feature for auxiliary hydraulics maintains selected flow without operator intervention
- Both main-line and optional secondary auxiliary-hydraulic systems can be adjusted on a scale of 1-15 via the COMPASS monitor for added control when handling, for example, a tilting bucket/coupler or thumb
- End-damping system in both the boom and stick cylinders reduce shock loads and material spillage