Designed to deliver higher operating efficiency for midsize and heavy reversible plate compactors, Bomag’s Economizer feature provides real-time soil stiffness results. The new technology saves time and money by helping operators avoid making an unnecessary number of passes to complete compaction projects. Whereas standard compactors rely on spot-checking with quality control devices to achieve proper material densities, the Economizer uses an acceleration sensor to measure the stiffness of the target material across the entire compacted area.
- Data gathered instantly displays via a simple series of LED lights
- React quickly and effectively to changing soil conditions.
- Number of illuminated lights on the LED display increases until the optimal level of compaction is achieved
- Easy-to-read indicator provides reliable warnings against over-compaction, soft spots and low working frequency
- Display located in direct view of the operator, well protected from potential jobsite damage
- Comes standard on Bomag’s 1,570-pound BPR100/80D reversible plate compactor
- Available option on the BPR70/70D, BPR55/65D and BP45/55D models