Honda has redesigned its HRX and HRR premium residential walk mowers for the 2013 season. According to Honda, the numerous technological advancements now make these mowers practical for not only homeowners, but also landscape contractors.
The HRX217VLA is a new model featuring self-propelled, Variable Speed Smart Drive and a Nexite deck. It’s a self-charging, electric-start model.
All HRX models feature Honda’s Versamow System:
- Clip Director lever behind the engine cowling operates a sliding door between the deck and bag
- Operator can rear discharge, mulch 100%, bag 100%, mulch and bag and rear discharge in varying degrees through 10 separate settings
- System also offers a setting for leaf shredding
- Powered by four-stroke, single-cylinder GCV190 OHC engine
The HRR Series mower line consists of four models, each containing several standard features:
- Four-stroke, single-cylinder GCV160 OHC engine
- Internal timing belt reserves power for more demanding conditions
- Offset, twin-blade MicroCut Systems for finer clippings
- Heavy-duty steel deck
- EZ Fold, two-position handle with more easily accessible controls
- New for 2013, the 3-in-1 Clip Director allows one-touch switching from mulch to bag