The 2013 Ram 1500 pickup is available with many fuel and performance-enhancing technologies such as an electronic eight-speed automatic transmission, air suspension, electric power steering, start-stop system, active aerodynamics which include grille shutters, and a thermal management system to reduce warm-up time for the transmission.
- New 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine with eight-speed automatic transmission standard to improve fuel economy and towing
- 5.7-liter HEMI V8 with Fuel Saver Technology and variable valve timing
- Eight-speed also available with the 5.7-liter HEMI V8
- Air suspension adapts to enhance fuel economy, improve ride control and off-road capability along with improved entry/exit and loading
- Class-leading 0.36 coefficient of drag, the company says
- Start-stop feature shuts engine off when truck comes to a complete stop and automatically restarts it when the driver releases the brakes