Subaru says its 35-hp EH90 and 40-hp EH99 (pictured) engines meet a growing demand for larger, air-cooled gasoline engines that deliver increased power for a wider range of applications. The engines are ideal for equipment like vehicles and zero-turn mowers.
- Both engines are 999cc and feature heavy-duty connecting rods, large crankshaft bearings and three-ring pistons
- The hardened exhaust valve and seats can handle high temperatures, which improves engine performance, efficiency and overall engine life
- Temperature sensors are located on the engine heads and will shut off the engine to prevent any damage from overheating due to clogged air intake valves
- Dual-element air filter protects the engine from dust and reduces maintenance
- Donaldson canister-style air cleaner comes standard and has an inlet pre-cleaner