Available in two models (standard or DLX) with a 6- or 8-foot-long hopper, the Crossfire Spreader from Meyer Products is ideal for 3/4- to 1-ton pickup trucks.
The Crossfire DLX model includes a material delivery system that features a built-in pre-wet system that helps speed up the melting process and reduces material bounce when it hits the pavement. This means contractors can apply liquid-activated material more precisely, while reducing the amount of material used by up to 30%. In addition, the DLX version features a deluxe in-cab controller with ground-speed control. Ground speed control automatically adjusts the speed of the auger to coincide with the speed of the vehicle.
Routine features of both models include:
- Material delivery system includes a hopper screen, patented tapered v-plate, and heavy-duty vibrator and auger that work together to deliver material more evenly
- Double-walled, high-density polyethylene hopper with five-year warranty
- Driven by two electric motors for independent control of the auger and spinner for more precise material placement
- Full-width hopper reduces material spillage into the vehicle bed
- Recessed lifting pockets make it easier to install or remove the Crossfire from the vehicle
- Adjustable dual baffles control material placement, and the 40-foot spread width makes it easier to cover large lots or work areas