Meyer Crossfire DLX Spreaders feature a built-in pre-wet system for quicker activation, while reducing material usage by up to 30%.
Meyer Products has introduced the Crossfire Spreader, available with a 6- or 8-foot-long hopper. Available in two models, standard or DLX with integrated pre-wet system, Meyer says that Crossfire poly spreaders are the perfect fit for 3/4- to 1-ton pickup trucks.
The Crossfire DLX includes a material delivery system that features a built-in pre-wet system that helps speed up the melting process and reduces material bounce when it hits the pavement. This means contractors can apply liquid-activated material more precisely, while reducing the amount of material used by up to 30%. In addition, the DLX version features a deluxe in-cab controller with ground-speed control. Ground speed control automatically adjusts the speed of the auger to coincide with the speed of the vehicle, making it easier to spread the same amount of material at various vehicle speeds.
Routine features. A long list of standard features is engineered into both the Crossfire standard and DLX models:
- New material delivery system includes a hopper screen, patented tapered v-plate, and a heavy-duty vibrator and auger that work together to deliver material more efficiently and evenly
- Double-walled, high-density polyethylene hopper that comes standard with a five-year warranty
- Driven by two electric motors for independent control of the auger and spinner for more precise material placement
- Full-width hopper reduces material spillage into the vehicle bed, and tarp management is quicker and easier with built-in tarp hooks
- Integrated work light illuminates the spread area and helps in maintenance operations
- Recessed lifting pockets make it easier to install or remove the Crossfire from the vehicle
- Adjustable dual baffles control material placement, and the 40-foot spread width makes it easier to cover large lots or work areas.
Faster, easier maintenance. The spinner assembly requires no tools for removal and is protected from road grime with a form-fitted stainless steel cover. The easy-to-remove rear panel protects the auger motor from salt and debris while the auger is held in place with a maintenance-free poly-bearing. When winter comes to an end, the Crossfire can be stored on its end, saving valuable storage space.