Built for the snow removal professional seeking to service more accounts faster while saving on materials costs, The Boss Snowplow introduces the VBX Spreader, its first V-box spreader featuring an 8-foot poly hopper with 2 cubic yards of capacity. Customers can choose from both pintle chain and auger feed options.
The VBX Spreader’s stainless steel drive train components are corrosion-resistant for reduced maintenance and longer life. Both the pintle chain and auger system feature a heavy-duty design for longer life and reliability. On the pintle chain option, an exclusive chain-cleaning brush removes excess material, while a proprietary chain-link shield keeps excess debris from coming in contact with the chain. Also an exclusive VBX pintle chain feature, a full-length, slide-out tray captures any falling deicing material, keeping it from the truck’s bed which greatly reduces corrosion damage to the vehicle.
“Professionals seeking the large capacity and convenience that a V-box spreader offers can now get these benefits with Boss-quality engineering,” said Mark Klossner, marketing director for The Boss Snowplow. “All of our spreaders are built with Boss durability and toughness, and the VBX Spreader is no exception. Like our other spreader products, we’ve also added the special touches our customers have come to expect from The Boss.”
- Powered by a completely sealed, half-horsepower, stainless-steel motor, The Boss VBX Spreader is designed for reliability
- Large gear box is outfitted with both planetary and worm gears for more robust operation and maximum durability
- New Boss V-box control system features a dual motor control and an intuitive LCD cab control system for ease of use
- Rear-mounted dump switch allows operators to quickly dump remaining material to cut down on waste
- Spinner assembly is quickly removable for ease of service and maintenance
- Standard equipment includes auxiliary lighting, center high-mounted stop lamps, a tarp with integral tie downs, and a top screen