Designed specifically for lower-clearance applications, John Deere offers the 8-foot tall, 204K (59 hp/ 44kW) and 304K (64 hp/ 48 kW) Compact Wheel Loaders. Both machines include features designed to increase productivity, visibility, versatility, and lower daily operating costs.
“To be successful on the jobsite, our customers wanted a shorter machine with simplified hydraulics, loader linkage and electrical systems along with a skid steer style coupler and a standard open canopy,” says Doug Laufenberg, product marketing manager for compact wheel loaders, John Deere Construction & Forestry.
A foot lower than other compact John Deere wheel loaders, the 204K and 304K feature rigid front and rear axles to meet the 8-foot height while lowering the center of gravity and increasing stability and the tipping load limit. Standard features on both models include:
- Open operator station designed to withstand the elements
- Fingertip control of coupler, travel speed, park brake, lights, and other functions
- Push-button actuated skid-steer style coupler enables operators to attach and release John Deere Worksite Pro attachments quickly, without tools or leaving the seat.
- Interim Tier 4 diesel engine
- Two-speed transmission with a top speed of 12 mph
- Articulated steering
- Traverse-mounted engine for quick and convenient daily servicing