JCB's Model 225 Skid Steer features its latest Tier 4 Final design for large-platform machines. This engine change signals a move to electro-hydraulic controls for the large-platform models, which also benefit from a redesigned air filter, reduced fuel consumption, an optional power quick-hitch and a reversing cooling fan.
- Tier 4 Final JCB Ecomax engine provides for up to 9% improvement in fuel economy over the previous Dieselmax engine
- JCB Ecomax engine achieves Tier 4 Final emissions standards without the need for any exhaust gas after treatment, reducing ownership costs
- Electro-hydraulic controls with multiple response modes and a control pattern change option; improves integration in mixed fleets where operators have experience of alternative control patterns
- New air filter design features a high-efficiency active scavenging pre-cleaner, allowing JCB to extend air filter service life up to 500 hours depending on application
- Auto idle feature for additional fuel savings