John Deere has introduced the 4M and 4R Series compact utility tractors the company says are ideal for homeowners and landscape contractors who are looking to do more than mow grass. Six models (4044M, 4052M, 4066M, 4044R, 4052R, 4066R) make up the family designed to provide operators the uptime, performance, comfort and convenience needed for various tasks, including loading, mowing and digging.
“With compact utility tractors, it’s all about finding the right machine to match customer needs,” said Scott Schadler, John Deere product marketing manager. “Customers told us they wanted to spend less time installing and removing implements, wanted the ability to carry and store more tools, desired a more comfortable ride, and requested the ability to work in low-light conditions.”
Features on both the 4M and 4R models:
- Final Tier 4 engines ranging from 43 to 66 hp
- Four-wheel drive comes standard
- Optional wheel spacers provide 11 inches of additional room on the axle
- Open operator station comes standard, optional ComfortGard Cab available on the 4044R HST, 4052R HST and 4066R HST
- Eligible purchase within the GreenFleet Loyalty Rewards program
- Hydrostatic transmission with Twin Touch Pedals - provides operators with simple, comfortable-to-use hydrostatic controls. Press a single foot pedal to go forward and another foot pedal to go in reverse.
- Operator station features a flat floor, ergonomic controls, and a fully-independent PTO.
- Hydraulic options available for attachment use
- Power reverser transmission slows the transmission down when the operator uses the forward or reverse control function. No need to use the clutch to change direction.
- Center console storage area and a left hand fender tool compartment
- Hitch Assist enables fast and easy implement attachment without needing to go back and forth from the seat to the hitch.
- Seat swivels 15° to either side for greater comfort and less fatigue when operating rear implements
- Work lights allow for longer work hours are easily installed on the ROPS
- Optional downforce kit is switch actuated and useful for posthole digging and tillage
- Integrated hydrostatic transmission controls on a single panel – eThrottle ( matches engine RPM to hydrostat pedal position), LoadMatch (automatically adjusts engine speed based on load), MotionMatch (adjusts the responsiveness of the transmission), and SpeedMatch (enables automotive-style cruise control)