Bomag says its new vibratory tampers combine low operating weights with superior compaction performance to optimize both productivity and ease of operation in applications such as trench construction, utility and cable backfill compaction, landscaping and small repair jobs.
- BT60 weighs 128 pounds and delivers up to 3,372 pounds of impact force
- BT65 weighs 150 pounds and produces 3,822 pounds of impact force
- BVT65 weighs 143 pounds and delivers 3,597 pounds of impact force
Bomag says the BT60 is ideal for time-intensive use in confined spaces, the BT65 for jobs with the highest compaction demands, and the BVT65 for occasional use in typical applications. Each model is powered by an efficient 4-cycle Honda engine with recoil starter and offers a maximum travel speed of 66 feet per minute.
Ruggedly built for demanding customer needs and long service life, the tampers include:
- Cover and guards for all-around engine protection
- Dual air and fuel filter systems (single air filter for the BVT65)
- Hour meter and tachometer with integrated service indicator (optional on BVT65)
- Low-oil alert system
- Easy-access fuel and engine shutdown switch
- Splash oil lubrication
- High-strength polyethylene tamping shoe with steel wear plate and a corrosion-free plastic fuel tank further contribute to enhanced durability