The Gaucho Grill from Kalamazoo Outdoor Gourmet offers authentic Argentinian/Santa Maria-style grilling. The company says this represents a traditional, pure way to cook outdoors. It regulates temperatures by raising or lowering a cooking surface over the flames of a wood or charcoal fire.
The gas-powered starter burner is designed to make starting a fire easier. Just pile wood or charcoal onto the fuel grates, light the burner and come back as the fire is roaring, the company explains. There’s no longer a need to use kindling or chimney starters.?
Other features include:
- Cooking-surface cradle carries interchangeable grill grates cut specifically for meat, fish or vegetables
- Cradle also houses a rotisserie
- A deep hopper funnel under the burner moves away ash and creates a chimney effect for better heat flow
- 36-inch spoked stainless steel wheel raises and lowers the cooking-surface cradle
- Hand-built at time of order