The smallest machine in its brush chipper line, Vermeer says the BC700XL features the compact size operators are looking for and the performance they want to complete a job efficiently and economically. “The BC700XL is a great machine for rental and tree-care professionals who need small-diameter material chipped,” says Andrew Van Soelen, rental solutions specialist for Vermeer.
Features of the chipper include:
- Centrifugal clutch system engages the cutter disc without the need for a traditional belt tensioner; o?perator increases the throttle and the cutter disc starts to engage at 1,500 rpm and is fully engaged at 2,000 rpm
- 25-hp Kohler EFI engine for easier starting and reportedly 25% fuel savings
- 8" x 6" letterbox-shaped opening designed to efficiently process branchy or forked material
- Vermeer-exclusive SmartFeed feed-sensing control system designed to enhance productivity and reduce wear on feed-system components
- Standard bottom feed-stop bar designed to make it possible for the operator’s leg to strike the bar and stop the feed either intentionally or automatically