The Western Tornado LT 1/2-yard hopper spreader is designed to fit in the bed of both pickup trucks and UTVs. It has a 3-inch-diameter auger feed system and a 12-inch steel spinner for spreading all types of deicing material. It’s ideal for the snow and ice professional with limited spreading needs.
The polyethylene hopper body on the Tornado LT is supported by a coated steel frame for structural rigidity. The electrical system uses a dual variable speed control and independent electric motors to drive the auger and the spinner.
Other standard equipment includes:
- 5/16-inch coated steel rod top screen – breaks up aggregations of salt and/or sand as the material is loaded onto the spreader
- Fitted tarp cover to keep material dry
- Variable speed control
- Positive-lock, bolt-down bed mount
- Inverted V to break up large chunks
- 12-volt vibrator to keep material flowing