Fisher's Speed-Caster 2 Tailgate Spreader features a two-stage delivery system that can handle all types of deicing material, including wet sand. It also features an in-cab "on/off" blast switch control or variable speed control option.
The Speed-Caster 2's control system allows you to set the speed and width of the pattern by using the variable speed dial. This gives you more control in the area you are managing, whether it's a narrow driveway or a wide-open parking lot, helping you to use just the right amount of material. You can also use the control's "blast" feature to quickly cover small areas, such as a quick spray into a loading dock.
Other key features of this spreader include:
- Easily removed and reinstalled without tools
- Two mounting options: an in-bed truss mount or an under-bed frame mount that includes a Class IV receiver hitch
- High strength 10-cubic-foot polyethylene hopper
- 1/3-hp, 12V DC motor with belt reduction drive
- 15.5-inch poly spinner delivers a wide, even spread pattern
- Spreader height, feed gate and deflectors are all adjustable
- Center high-mounted stop light (CHMSL) meets FMVSS (Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards) requirements