Designed for mid-size utility vehicles (UTVs) including the Polaris RZR and Yamaha Rhino, a new 5-foot UTV plow is available from Boss Snowplow. The company also offers a couple of other larger UTV plows: a 6-foot Poly Straight-Blade and a 6.5-foot Power-V XT.
"Our new 5-foot mid-sized UTV plow is designed to fit lighter-weight UTVs," says Mark Klossner, marketing director for Boss Snowplow. "These lighter-weight UTVs cannot handle the weight of our full-sized UTV plows." But because these lighter-weight UTVs are so popular, Boss felt compelled to offer a plow that would work for them. "By taking our 5-foot ATV plow and fabricating a new series of undercarriages for mid-sized UTVs, we are able to deliver a product that meets the needs of mid-sized UTV owners," Klossner adds.
Key features of the new 5-foot UTV plow include:
- Fully hydraulic operation – no winches, pulleys or handles are needed for improved speed, reliability and efficiency
- High blade-lift height for unmatched snow-stacking capability
- Plow blade skin is made from tough, rust-resistant poly for enhanced durability, crack resistance and slickness
- Sloped-profile undercarriage provides additional ground clearance
- SmartTouch2 controller for simple right- or left-handed operation