John Deere created a heavy-lifting set of compact wheel loaders, the 244K and 324K, designed to fit the need for a tight-turning wheel loader with low to high speeds. The 244K (64 hp/48kW) and 324K (70 hp/52 kW) both feature a transverse-mounted engine that makes for quick and convenient daily service, which keeps operating costs at a minimum all while maximizing uptime. Eachc loader can also be fitted with more than 35 available Worksite Pro attachments.
Other key features include:
- Final Tier 4 diesel engine with a two-speed transmission, with top speeds of 19 mph and 17 mph, respectively
- Productivity-boosting features include tilt-steering, multi-adjustable suspension seat, electronic monitor and convex mirrors
- Oscillating stereo steering system for a smooth turning radius that is 20% tighter than comparable loaders, John Deere assures
- Differential lock is activated through push-button on the joystick
- Manual low-speed differential lock