The first of seven regional championships leading up to the final 2019 Hardscape North America Installer Championship have begun, and competitions will continue through August.
The regional championships were launched in 2016 and have been so successful that they have expanded to include seven locations around the country. Regional winners will have the opportunity to compete for the title of HNA Champion later this year.
Regional competitions include:
- Southwest Region, Chandler, AZ - February 23; 1st place: Trip to HNA (sponsored by HNA) and $1,000 cash; Winner: Urban Earth Landscaping
- New England Region, Providence, RI - March 14-15; 1st Place: Trip to HNA (sponsored by HNA) and $10,000 cash; Winner: Clarke Landscapes
- National Collegiate Landscape Competition, Fort Collins, CO- March 22 ; 1st and 2nd Place: Trip to HNA (sponsored by HNA and GIE+EXPO); Winners: 1st Place: Cuyahoga Community College, 2nd Place: Brigham Young University - Provo
- Northern California Region, San Martin, California - May 18; 1st Place: Trip to HNA (sponsored by HNA) and Hardscape Equipment
- Pacific Northwest Region, Tacoma, WA - August 24; 1st Place: Trip to HNA (sponsored by HNA) and iQ PowerTools Saw
- Central Region, Fort Worth, TX - August 2019; 1st Place: Trip to HNA (sponsored by HNA), $1,000 cash and trophy
- Southeast Region, Kennesaw, GA - August 2019 ; 1st Place: Trip to HNA (sponsored by HNA), $1,000 cash and trophy
The Installer Championship finals will take place at Hardscape North America (HNA), October 16-18 in Louisville, KY. Hardscape North America will provide the seven winning teams (of two people each and an alternate or coach) from the regional championships roundtrip transportation to Louisville, KY, individual accommodations at a downtown Louisville hotel (Wednesday-Friday), complimentary trade show admission to HNA and complimentary registration for the HNA Installer Championship. The total prize package is valued at up to $3,500 per team.
The 2018 Hardscape North America Installer Champion, Segmental Systems, of Otis Orchards, WA, will also receive complimentary travel, hotel accommodations, trade show admission and entrance to the National competition from HNA to return and defend their championship title.
Preliminary rounds will take place Thursday, October 17 in the Hardscape House at Hardscape North America in Louisville, Kentucky. The final Championship round to determine the 2019 National Champion will take place at 10am on Friday, October 18. The Hardscape House is the new outdoor display and demonstration area at the Kentucky Exposition Center.
The Hardscape North America Installer Championships are intended to test and recognize the skill, dedication and passion of hardscape contractors from Canada, the United States and Mexico.
Teams may participate in the Hardscape North America Installer Championship in Louisville, KY without competing in a regional championship, if space is available. Registration opens in May and the fee is $150 per team before the early bird date of September 6, 2019, or $200 after. After the conclusion of the trade show, each team who competes will be refunded $150 of their registration fee.
At the final Hardscape North America Installer Championship, all teams will have their understanding of industry best practices and guidelines tested in a race against the clock and other top installers in the industry. The teams will compete for the Hardscape North America Installer Champion trophy, cash prize, tools and gear from participating sponsors and recognition on the Hardscape North America and ICPI websites and in various industry publications. In 2018 the grand prize package was valued at approximately $12,650.
For further information about registering for a regional championship, please contact Robert Bowers at email@example.com or visit www.hardscapena.com/attendee/features/installer-champ.