Following on the heels of the successful 2022 Equip Exposition, the 2023 Equip Expo show will bring attendees new advanced educational opportunities, additional entertainment and events including a new arena concert, expansion into the West Wing of the Kentucky Exposition Center (KEC) and improved logistics and food options.
“Equip Expo has evolved into a unique, weeklong experience for a range of interconnected businesses including outdoor power equipment, landscaping, hardscaping, tree care, design, lighting, irrigation and more,” says Kris Kiser, president of the Outdoor Power Equipment Institute, which owns and manages the trade show. “And just like our industry is ever-evolving, so is the trade show that serves them.”
The 2023 show will be held Oct. 17-20, and it will continue to be co-located with Hardscape North America. Registration for 2023 Equip Expo opens in April.
Items planned for the 2023 show include:
- A new arena concert at the Yum! Center featuring headline band, Third Eye Blind.
- A return of the New Product Showcase.
- A welcome party at the downtown Kentucky International Convention Center (adjacent to the downtown Marriott and Hyatt hotels) with a concert from Expo house band, The Crashers.
- An “adventurous” keynote speech by Polar Explorer and master storyteller Ben Saunders who completed the longest-ever polar journey on foot.
- The debut of the Equip Exposition Equipment Museum to showcase the evolution of the industry.
- The addition of a business lounge, meeting spaces and expanded seating areas at the KEC.
- Landscape education for young people sponsored by the TurfMutt Foundation. Children ages 12 and up may attend the show.
- Improved shuttle bus, rideshare and transportation logistics.
- More coffee shops and food offerings on-site, including breakfast options.
Returning aspects to the 2023 Expo include can’t-miss education and connection events for landscapers and dealers, live in-tree climbing demonstrations, Mulligan’s Fun Run and 5K, the UTV Test Track, the Drone Zone and Mulligan’s Mutt Madness, a national dog adoption event, sponsored by the TurfMutt Foundation.
Last year, Equip Expo attracted more than 25,000 attendees who hailed from all 50 states and 49 countries, with the furthest traveling attendees journeying from Guam, New Zealand and Australia. The show brings over $20 million in revenue to Louisville, and books more than 32,000 hotel rooms during show week. Equip Expo 2022 also was the largest show in its 40-year history.