The Outdoor Power Equipment Institute’s (OPEI) Look Before You Pump program offers free educational materials on proper fueling of outdoor power equipment, specifically the level of ethanol-blends that can be used. Higher ethanol-blended fuel is entering the marketplace, and research shows us that most consumers are unaware of the harm that fuel containing greater than 10% ethanol has on small engine equipment.
Businesses can access the Look Before You Pump materials through a website (http://tinyurl.com/ethanoleducation). All downloads are free. If you order printed material, there is a nominal printing charge for larger quantities.
The content can be republished in blogs, social media and more, such as:
- Posting the Fact Sheet on employee breakroom walls
- Using the Look Before You Pump logo in newsletters, on customer marketing materials, on websites, or use it in on social media channels. (If posting the logo online, include a link to: www.LookBeforeYouPump.com and/or the hashtag #LookB4UPump)
- Displaying the counter poster and information card by outdoor power equipment displays in stores or repair shops so people connect the message with small engine equipment
- Distributing the information cards to customers purchasing new outdoor power equipment
- Sharing an article, link or information about the Look Before You Pump program with consumers through a website, blog, twitter feed, or Facebook page. There is a social media toolkit, including sample social media posts, on the web portal.