Lawnmower Ignites, Man Burns

Horrific accident reminds about dangers of fueling a hot lawnmower engine.

As reported by the Milford Daily News, a Massachusetts man suffered a horric accident that reminds all of us to take extra precautions to stay safe this lawn and garden season.

Local police did confirm that the victim was a professional landscaper. Gasoline he was using to refuel a piece of equipment ignited, causing burns to roughly one-third of his body.

The Outdoor Power Equipment Institute (OPEI) offers the following advice: Fill your gasoline tank only when the engine is cool. If you need to refuel before completing a job, turn off the machine and allow the engine to cool. Never light a match or smoke around gasoline.