“With the ongoing growth of Equip, expect hotels and other housing to fill up fast,” says Kris Kiser, president of OPEI. “Book today, especially if you want to be close to the venue. Seriously.” Kiser adds, “Last year, we had a record, sell-out show with a waiting list for exhibit space. Given all the improvements and excitement this year, we’re expecting another record breaker.”
Louisville Tourism is the official housing provider for Equip Expo, held at the Kentucky Exposition Center (KEC). Booking details can be found on the Equip Expo website.
Additionally, new events for this year’s show include:
- A Tuesday evening Welcome Reception at Churchill Downs, which is marking the 150th anniversary of the Kentucky Derby this year, where attendees can see the recent upgrades to the racetrack.
- Kevin O’Connor from This Old House as keynote speaker Wednesday morning. Sponsored by Kress.
- A special happy hour in Freedom Hall at the KEC starting just after the show closes on Wednesday. House band, the Crashers, will perform at the event.
- A Thursday evening arena concert at the KFC Yum! Center in downtown Louisville featuring multiplatinum entertainer and musician, Trace Adkins, sponsored by SENIX.
- Expanded Spanish-language education focused on helping crew leaders become better managers.
- The return of the very successful and well-attended Women’s Reception on Thursday evening, sponsored by SiteOne and Belgard.
- More opportunities to connect in-person with social media influencers at events like the Morning Show at Expo, sponsored by Kohler, and Energize.
- Improved logistics, including a shuttle bus drop-off at the West Wing which will improve parking lot congestion.
Last year, Equip attendees came from all 50 states and 46 countries. The show brings over $20 million in revenue to Louisville, and books more than 32,000 hotel rooms during show week. “
Registration for Equip 2024 is open and winter pricing for attendee registration is only $25 for a limited time. Hardscape North America continues to co-locate with the show.