The Michelin X Tweel SSL 2 airless radial tire is one single unit, replacing the current tire/wheel/valve assembly. There is no need for complex wheel/tire mounting equipment and once the Tweel unit is bolted on, there is no air pressure to maintain. Tweel SSL 2 airless radial tires are available in two tread patterns: all terrain and hard surface traction. Benefits include:
- Hard-surface models comes in a 12N16.5 with a 48/32 tread depth and 8/32 of undertread.
- All-terrain is constructed with 12N16.5 with a 31/32-inch tread depth and 12/32 undertread.
- Maximum load is 4,400 pounds
- Improved shear beam construction engineered to maximize core life.
- New spoke material helps provide up to 10 times greater spoke life compared to the previous models
- Interlocked hub designed to increase durability in demanding conditions.
- Outstanding stability contributes to high machine productivity.
- Unique spoke design helps reduce “bounce” and driver fatigue associated with pneumatic tires
- Consistent footprint, with tread designed to last 2-3 times longer than a pneumatic tire at equal tread depth, and capable of being retreaded.