At its 2022 Product Innovation Showcase, Greenworks Commercial emphasized that now more than ever is the time for green industry professionals to make the move to battery-powered equipment. The event was held at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Ky., the day before the Equip Expo trade show floor officially opened.
“Now is a transformational moment in time,” said Klaus Hahn, president of Greenworks Commercial. “The future of zero-emissions landscaping is now. There are no more excuses to use gas-powered equipment. The vision is to build a powerful future for everyone with clean energy.”
Hahn added that for the 20 years Greenworks Commercial has been in existence, battery power has been in the company’s DNA since day one—in other words, the company has not manufactured any gas-powered equipment.
Products unveiled during the day included:
Optimus Z Zero-Turn Mowers
- Eight options of the mower are available, including the 48-inch, 52-inch and 60-inch ride-on platforms with 18-kWh and 24-kWh battery modules; 48-inch, 52-inch and 60-inch large stand-on platforms with 18-kWh and 24-kWh battery modules; and the 32-inch and 36-inch compact stand-on platforms with 8-kWh battery modules.
- The 24-kWh battery provides up to eight hours of runtime and a top cutting speed of 16 mph. The unit can be recharged in as little as three hours.
- The mower can cut along slopes up to 25 degrees.
- Low-profile hub drive motors in the rear wheels monitor and adapt to changing conditions and provide traction control.
- Additional features include 360-degree, high-intensity HALO lighting LED illumination, foldable rollover protection system (ROPS) and LFP lithium-ion battery technology. 4G/GPS connectivity comes standard across the entire OptimusZ range and they come with Green Shield theft protection.
The company estimates that landscape professionals can save $13,207 over a three-year period of ownership for the 60-inch ride-on model.
Commercial-Grade Battery-Powered Backpack Blower
- Powered by Cyclone Force axial fan technology and high-performance brushless motor technology.
- Puts out 750 CFM and 220 MPH output from start to finish.
- When kitted with two 8 AH batteries, landscapers can expect the backpack blower to deliver 50 minutes of continuous runtime on high, 30 minutes on turbo and three hours of total runtime on their jobsite.
- A maximum power of 3 KW.
- Its optimized dual-draw battery technology powers an axle fan, brushless motor and intelligent controller to create 36 Newtons of blowing force.
- Weighs only 14.3 pounds, with a noise level of 72 DB at 50 feet.
- Equipped with a heavy-duty padded harness and waterproof dual-port battery compartment.
24-Inch Commercial Chainsaw
- 4.3-kW brushless motor
- Powered by the new 82V X6 6Ah lithium-ion battery pack with EnergX battery technology.
- With only 5.95 pounds of weight, the battery pack provides 4.5 kW of continuous power output and up to 60 amps of continuous discharge current.
- The unit is also available with the newly developed 1.5-kW X-Series charger with dual or six-port charging bank option that can charge the 82V X6 6-amp battery pack with energX lithium-ion battery technology within 20 minutes.
- With a range of compatible bars from 20 to 28 inches, this saw provides a chain speed of up to 82 feet per second and a maximum of 13,000 rpm when cutting.
20-foot Optimus Mobile Charging Trailer
- Houses a powerful 26-KWH battery, capable of providing 32 KW of constant charging energy.
- Its built-in temperature-controlled charging ports charge up to 18 82V handheld batteries, for use in trimmers, walk-behind mowers, string trimmers and edgers, blowers, chainsaws and hedge trimmers in as little as 30 minutes.
- Optimus MCs’ three zero-turn mower chargers output 6000 W each and are capable of charging a riding mower in as little as 75 minutes while allowing landscapers to conveniently charge their mowers inside or outside of the trailer.
- With real-time 4G/GPS connectivity, management can maintain full visibility of their team while in the field, allowing them to stay updated with real-time metrics on battery status, trailer location and system functions via the trailer’s built-in LCD screen dashboard and Greenworks Fleet Connect app. This 4G/GPS connection also provides theft protection.
82V 30-Inch Cordless Self-Propelled Mower (82LM30S)
- Features a deck capable of maneuvering into tight spots without sacrificing speed or power and dual commercial-grade independent brushless cutting motors, individual variable speed rear-wheel drive motors, as well as the ability to reverse.
- Includes a triport powerhead to accept three batteries for up to 2 acres of runtime.
- Boasts a 4G+GPS system inside the unit with LCD display for tracking performance, location and battery life. This not only provides real-time theft protection but is compatible with the Greenworks Fleet Connect App.
82V 16-Inch Front-Mount String Trimmer (82ST12)
- Allows operators 45 minutes of runtime on a single charge.
- Provides a 16-inch cutting swath and a comfort overmolded ergonomic front handle and rear throttle as well as lightweight rear housing, improving balance and reducing operator fatigue.
- Uses a front-mounted, direct-drive commercial-grade brushless motor that produces 1.2 kW of maximum power to deliver continuous power through the toughest terrain without bogging down.
- The 8-amp dual port charger recharges a 4-Ah battery in 30 minutes.