The Outdoor Power Equipment Institute (OPEI) has announced its 2014-2015 Officers and Board of Directors, which was unveiled during the OPEI Annual Meeting in Palm Beach, FL, June 17-19, 2014.
Officers for the 2014-2015 year include:
- Chairman Paul Mullet, president, Excel Industries
- Vice chair Lee Sowell, president, Outdoor Products at Techtronic Industries, N.A., Incorporated
- Secretary/treasurer Tim Merrett, vice president of A & T Global Platform and Turf & Utility, Deere & Company
- Immediate past chair Todd Teske, chairman, president and CEO at Briggs & Stratton Corporation
“OPEI is entering a new era of growth and engagement because of the ground work laid for many years by our Board of Directors,” said Kris Kiser, president and CEO of OPEI. “As the voice of outdoor power equipment, utility vehicle, and small engine manufacturers, we are doing more to support manufacturers, advocate on their behalf, educate dealers, and share safety standards and best practices within the industry and with consumers.”
“A hundred million plus consumers use our products and our industry is continuing to expand and grow,” said OPEI chairman, Paul Mullet. “OPEI is championing the highest standards of safety and excellence during this phase of growth and innovation.”
Continuing their service on the OPEI Board are:
- Daniel T. Ariens, president & CEO, Ariens Company
- Earl Bennett, vice president and general counsel, N.A. and L.A. - Husqvarna Professional Products
- Steven M. Bly, executive vice president, Echo Incorporated
- Edward B. Cohen, vice president, Government & Industry Relations, American Honda Motor Company Inc.
- Tom Cromwell, president, Kohler Engines, Kohler Company
- John Cunningham, president, Consumer Products Group, Stanley Black & Decker
- Marc J. Dufour, president & CEO, Club Car LLC
- Peter Hampton, president - Active Exhaust Corporation
- Jean Hlay, president and chief operating officer, MTD Products Inc.
- Michael J. Hoffman, chairman & CEO, The Toro Company