DEVELON has introduced all-new six-metric-ton mini excavators, the DX62R-7 and DX63-7, for use in the United States and Canada. The two DEVELON excavators replace the previous iterations and join the line of next-generation -7 Series mini excavators.
The DX62R-7 and DX63-7 have an updated design, horsepower and weight. These machines offer standard telematics, digging and lifting, attachment versatility and durability features.
“The new DX62R-7 and DX63-7 mini excavators have been updated inside and out from their predecessors,” said Jacob Sherman, product and dealer marketing manager at DEVELON . “They deliver impressive digging, uptime protection and smart technologies operators need to take on the toughest jobsites. We’re pleased to be expanding our lineup of DEVELON-7 Series mini excavators and designing them with more standard premium features, including telematics, high-performance air conditioning and much more.”
- The DX62R-7 has a reduced tail swing design. The tail swing extends just a few inches beyond the width of the excavator tracks, minimizing the chances of encountering objects or buildings when rotating the machine. The DX63-7 is a conventional tail swing excavator. Both are available in standard or optional long arm configurations, for when more reach and dig depth are needed.
- For durability, the new -7 Series mini excavators are designed with a width-protected swing frame. Operators can get close to their work, including being flush against a structure or wall, when offset digging. The excavators’ swing casting and cylinders remain within the track width at full left-swing, reducing the possibility for operators to damage these components when working in tight or confined areas. An integrated counterweight supports the machines’ lifting capacity.
- When turning, grading and maneuvering, the DX62R-7 and DX63-7 mini excavators will auto downshift. As the load decreases, the excavators automatically shift back into high range.
- To reduce noise, the standard auto idle feature idles the engine automatically when machine functions are not used for a few seconds. When an operator moves the controls, the excavator automatically returns to the previous throttle setting.
- A steel track undercarriage option is available for demolition work or other applications where working around sharp objects could damage the standard rubber tracks. New -7 Series mini excavators offer steel-track and rubber-shoe conversion with minimal modification required.
- Standard on the DX62R-7 and DX63-7 is a thumb-ready arm that includes durable mounts integrated into the arm, eliminating the need for welding when adding a thumb. The new hydraulic quick-coupler-ready design with quick-coupler hydraulic piping installed to the end of the arm allows for attachment changes. Operators won’t need additional accessories to install a compatible quick coupler to the machine, helping reduce the time it takes to switch attachments.
- The excavators offer one-way/two-way hydraulic flow. For control, hydraulic flow is activated through the joystick, not the pedal. One-way hydraulic flow only requires hydraulic power in one direction, for such attachments as hydraulic breakers and plate compactors. Two-way hydraulic flow is ideal for mini excavator attachments that need bidirectional flow, such as hydraulic thumbs (clamps), rippers and grapples.
- Attachments help operators complete multiple tasks using one machine. DEVELON offers a heavy-duty bucket, ditch-cleaning bucket, thumb, manual quick-hitch and hydraulic quick coupler, including augers, hydraulic breakers, plate compactors, grapples, rippers and flail mowers.
- The DX62R-7 and DX63-7 mini excavators come standard with a heating and air conditioning system. Fully integrated heat and air conditioning with multiple vents throughout the cab are available during operation.
- A thumb switch on the right joystick controls auxiliary hydraulic functions. Boom swing is controlled by a thumb switch on the left joystick rather than foot pedals.
- The DX62R-7 and DX63-7 mini excavators are designed with a framed, full glass door that provides visibility to the area alongside the excavator. A rearview camera is available as an option for visibility behind the excavator. High-illumination LED lamps provide visibility to the work area to ensure that operators can see the workgroup, particularly the attachment. An optional rotating beacon is available for safety when operators are working in high-traffic areas or low-light situations.
- With the standard Bluetooth audio, operators can communicate without removing their hands from the joystick controls. A selectable control pattern is a standard feature. Operators can choose the control pattern they prefer: ISO or BHL. A travel alarm alerts others on the jobsite when the excavator is at work, for added awareness and safety.
- To facilitate daily maintenance, the DX62R-7 and DX63-7 mini excavators offer access to filters and oil service points. A centralized boom swing cylinder greasing supports critical maintenance.
- A battery disconnect disables the battery connection, protecting the battery life during storage periods. It can also provide an added measure of security on the jobsite after working hours. In addition, color-coded and labeled wiring and hydraulic hoses enable plug-and-play installation of electrical accessories, including the rotating beacon, and allow electrical troubleshooting.
- DEVELON Fleet Management telematics system is a standard feature on the DX62R-7 and DX63-7 mini excavators, making it possible for customers to remotely monitor and maintain their machine. They can monitor the health, location and operation of the dozer from a mobile app and website. A team of equipment specialists track machine telematics from a secure machine monitoring center. They interpret the data in real time, provide recommendations and deliver reports. The customer’s dealer can also see the equipment status and notify them when it’s time for service to minimize machine downtime.