Corteva Agriscience added to its disease management portfolio with Floxcor Specialty Fungicide for turf and ornamental professionals in the United States.
“Floxcor specialty fungicide is a great addition to our growing portfolio of disease management solutions that will serve as the base for our future products for the turf and ornmental market,” said Jay Young, Corteva Agriscience Turf & Ornamental Category Lead. “Corteva is committed to providing a comprehensive portfolio of solutions to our customers and has been focusing its energy and resources into research and development to expand its turf and ornamental offerings in the coming years.”
Features of the fungicide include:
- Containing the active ingredient fluoxastrobin, Floxcor specialty fungicide is a FRAC 11 (strobilurin) group fungicide.
- When used according to label directions, Floxcor specialty fungicide controls 28 foliar, stem and root diseases, including anthracnose, brown patch, fairy ring, leaf spot, Pythium blight and snow mold.
- Floxcor specialty fungicide provides dollar spot control in light to moderate pressure conditions.
- Available for use on golf courses, in greenhouses and nurseries, as well as lawns and landscapes, Floxcor specialty fungicide provides a broad spectrum of activity.
- Floxcor specialty fungicide inhibits spore germination and mycelial growth by interfering with the respiration process of the plant-pathogenic fungi and swiftly moves into the plant interior and spreads through the plant’s vascular system, including the xylem, becoming rain-fast 15 minutes after an application.
The plant roots absorb the active ingredient, which is then transported via the xylem, to impede fungal growth and prevent new infections.
- When paired with Eagle 20EW specialty fungicide, the combination will effectively control the most common diseases facing the industry.
Floxcor specialty fungicide will be available for purchase in the U.S. Professional Turf and Ornamental market in late 2023.