On November 21 Tesla unveiled its long promised electric pickup truck, the Cybertruck. While this truck will not be available to customers until the end of 2021 or possibly 2022, you can reserve your spot in line with a $100 refundable deposit. According to company founder Elon Musk, there are already 250,000+ customer orders.
The Cybertruck is sure to stand out from the crowd, more resembling a DeLorean from the past than a conventional pickup truck.
The Tesla Cybertruck is designed to have the utility of a truck and the performance of a sports car. The vehicle is built to be durable, versatile and capable, with exceptional performance both on-road and off-road. Cybertruck will come in three variants: Single Motor Rear-Wheel Drive, Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive, and Tri Motor All-Wheel Drive.
The Cybertruck is built with an exterior shell designed for durability and passenger protection. Starting with the exoskeleton, every component is designed for strength and endurance, from Ultra-Hard 30X Cold-Rolled stainless-steel structural skin to Tesla armor glass. The smooth monochrome exoskeleton helps eliminate dents, damage and long-term corrosion. Ultra-strong glass and polymer-layered composite can absorb and redirect impact force for improved performance and damage tolerance.
The Cybertruck features up to 3,500 lbs. of payload capacity and adjustable air suspension. It is engineered with 100 cu. ft .of exterior, lockable storage — including a tonneau cover that is strong enough to stand on. The promised towing capability is over 14,000 lbs.
This is a list of the available vehicle specs:
- Range: 500+ miles
- 0-60 mph acceleration: <2.9 seconds
- Towing capacity: More than 14,000 lbs
- Payload: Up to 3,500 lbs
- Vault length: 6.5 ft.
- Storage capacity: 100 cu. ft. of exterior, lockable storage including the vault, frunk, and sail pillars.
- Suspension: 4” in either direction
- Touchscreen size: 17”
- Body: Ultra-Hard 30X Cold-Rolled stainless steel. If there was something better, we’d use it.
- Seating capacity: Up to six adults
- Charging: Can be charged at home, at Destination Charging locations, and with our network of more than 14,000 Superchargers, including on our newest V3 technology, which is helpful for long hauls and towing.