Vectorworks releases key updates to the Vectorworks 2023 product line focused on providing users with a more efficient and reliable experience on Vectorworks Cloud Services and the Vectorworks Nomad mobile app utilizing Apple’s innovative technology.
“We are using the power of the Cloud to bring the latest Apple technologies to our users and speed up and streamline their reality capture workflows,” says Iskra Nikolova, Vectorworks quality assurance manager for Cloud and mobile. "Apple’s Object Capture framework replaces our old photogrammetry framework used for the generation of 3D models from photos. It has higher success rates and creates a more optimized geometry in less time. Plus, additional metadata generated by supported iOS devices is used by the algorithm to recover actual object size and orientation, which was not possible before.”
Product features include:
- The existing Photos to 3D Model feature in Vectorworks Cloud Services has been upgraded to take advantage of Apple’s new photogrammetry API on macOS, known as Object Capture. Job submissions now incorporate this framework on the Cloud infrastructure, desktop app, web portal and Nomad mobile app.
- In addition, using Apple’s room scanning framework, RoomPlan, the Nomad mobile app can now produce models with classified geometry, such as walls, windows, openings and doors, which can be imported directly into a Vectorworks model.
- Users can quickly scan an existing room layout using their iOS mobile device to create a robust reality capture that is accessible and easy to use.
- This latest update gives users more control over light representation in their 3D models.
- The new Lights panel in the 3D model viewer allows for light object visibility control from the viewer, which aids in design presentation. Individual light objects exported from .vwx files can be turned on and off, and heliodon or directional lights can now also set the position of the Light direction control when opening a model in the Unity-based 3D viewer.