On October 8, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA's) WaterSense program recognized four WaterSense Sustained Excellence Award winners, seven Partners of the Year, and six Excellence Award winners at the WaterSmart Innovations (WSI) Conference and Exposition in Las Vegas, NV. WSI selected partners that made a difference every day across the country by creating, rebating, communicating, and educating consumers about WaterSense labeled products, homes, and programs in 2014. The combined efforts of the award winners and more than 1,600 WaterSense partners have helped consumers save more than 1.1 trillion gallons of water and $21.7 billion in water and energy bills since 2006.
- The Toro Company was named the Manufacturer Partner of the Year for teaming up with water agencies and the Irrigation Association to educate contractors and end users on how to properly install and program Toro's WaterSense labeled irrigation controllers.
- The Sonoma-Marin (California) Saving Water Partnership was recognized as the Professional Certifying Organization Partner of the Year for accepting four organizations that adopted its Qualified Water Efficient Landscaper (QWEL) certification program. QWEL organizations certified 200 new landscape irrigation professionals in 2014.
- Texas A&M AgriLife Research and Extension Center at Dallas earned a Promotional Partner of the Year award for educating consumers through its Mobile WaterSense Home and dual-flush toilet and irrigation controller demonstrations at regional events.
- KB Home earned its first Sustained Excellence Award for building nearly 100 WaterSense labeled homes in 2014 and constructing water-efficient model homes in California that recycle graywater for toilets or landscaping.
- The Home Depot received its first Sustained Excellence Award for its five-week national campaign promoting Fix a Leak Week. The chain also had a number of in-store water efficiency promotions, website features, and earned 518 billion WaterSense-related media impressions.
- Kohler Co. received its third consecutive Sustained Excellence Award for collaborating with The Home Depot to offer special promotions on WaterSense labeled products. Its "Trust the Flush" bus tour visited nearly 200 events promoting WaterSense labeled models.
- Delta Faucet Company earned its first Sustained Excellence Award for partnering with global hotel chains on studies targeting hotel water efficiency, as well as working with major home improvement retailers to develop strategic marketing plans for WaterSense labeled products.
- The City of Charlottesville (Virginia) was named a Promotional Partner of the Year for its Fix a Leak Week Family 5k race and new "Blue Team" of high school students who distributed water conservation kits door to door.
- Cobb County (Georgia) Water System earned a Promotional Partner of the Year award for promoting every major WaterSense campaign, including providing WaterSense labeled showerheads to Kennesaw State University dormitories for Shower Better Month.
- Murray City (Utah) Corporation was recognized as a Promotional Partner of the Year for its Tap Into Murray Quality campaign, traveling event booth promoting WaterSense, and collaboration with plumbers to promote its WaterSense labeled toilet rebate program.
- Energy Inspectors Corporation earned the Licensed Certification Provider Partner of the Year for certifying 100 new WaterSense labeled homes in 2014 and collaborating with KB Homes.
EPA also gave awards to six WaterSense partners for demonstrating excellence in specific program areas during 2014:
- Municipal Water District of Orange County (California) for Sprinkler Spruce-Up activities.
- Puget Sound Energy (Washington) for promoting the water-energy nexus.
- Colorado Springs Utilities (Colorado) for strategic collaboration.
- Denver Water (Colorado) for promoting WaterSense labeled products.
- Metropolitan North Georgia Water Planning District and New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services for education and outreach.
For more information about this year's winners, visit www.epa.gov/watersense/partners/watersense_awards.html