Vermeer revamped its Vermeer HG4000 horizontal grinder, equipped with a 536-hp Cat C13B T4F/Stage V diesel engine, a Series III duplex drum, an aggressive infeed to accommodate a variety of materials and more.
"It’s a great unit for tree care professionals looking to minimize dump fees on bulkier material and turn waste into a useful end product," said Vermeer Product Manager for Environmental Equipment Jeff Bradley. "It’s also a productive machine for small to midsize mulch producers with limited space for the material. The size of the HG4000 also makes it efficient to transport in congested urban environments, making it an ideal machine for small land-clearing operations. While this horizontal is smaller than other machines in the Vermeer grinder product line, it still can handle a variety of materials ranging from loose, bulky materials like leaves, branches and yard clipping to hardwoods, pallets and logs.”
Additional features of the grinder include:
- A working sound level of 112 decibels
- A feed table capacity of 4.6 cubic yards
- Vermeer's patented Series III duplex drum with reversible hammers and tips for extended wear life while offering bolt-in replacement parts
- A hard-faced anvil on the HG4000 that delivers impressive cutting action with the drum and a redesigned robust anvil-mount structure that helps ease the hard-faced wear edge replacement process
- An updated feed roller with aggressive teeth and down pressure to maintain control of the fed material
- A fully enclosed feed roller drive planetary helps provide protection and a tight clearance between the roller and mill housing to optimize material feeding while minimizing material catch points.
- A wireless remote control comes standard with the HG4000, allowing operators to run most machine functions from up to 300 feet away
- Service and maintenance enhancements such as a drive belt tensioning system that does not require the engine to be moved when adjusting, large hinged side shields for optimal maintenance access, added power rotation to the screen hoist for changing screens and a Cat engine with worldwide support
- The option to outfit it with with a cross-band magnet and magnetic head pulley to pull metal from the top and bottom of material on the conveyor after it has gone through the machine for clean finished material.
- A transport width of 8.2 feet, a height of 13 feet,, a fifth-wheel hitch trailer length of 32 feet and a weight of 52,910 pounds, or a pintle hitch trailer length of 37 feet and weight of 55,155 pounds