Delivering mulching performance for loaders up to 75 hp, the Drum Mulcher DC Pro from Diamond Mowers is the latest addition to the company’s lineup of land clearing and vegetation management attachments.
“The Drum Mulcher DC Pro is more productive than other options in its class based on processing capacity and speed,” said Dan Stachel, executive vice president of Diamond Mowers. “Its lighter weight design provides versatility for tackling a variety of common land maintenance tasks from managing overgrowth and maintaining fence lines to creating defensible space. The streamlined profile also affords good operator visibility and maneuverability, while the chassis positions the center of gravity close to the loader for optimal stability, even on steep slopes.”
Additional features include:
- This attachment is built on Diamond’s Excavator Drum Mulcher platform but is designed for use with skid-steers and compact track loaders.
- The Drum Mulcher DC Pro is differentiated by its lighter weight of just 1,350 pounds and its 63-cc, two-speed, bent-axis piston motor. This high-torque hydraulic motor allows the DC Pro to deliver force to power through large material.
- The DC Pro is engineered with a 50-inch cutting width to slice through trees and brush and mulch material up to 8 inches in diameter.
- The depth control drum features forward exposure that allows for tree engagement and cut width relative to weight.
- A rugged chassis guards the motor from ground impact and allows the operator to manipulate downed material and position vegetation for mulching.
- A multiposition push bar features extended serrations for material control while the infeed system achieves a complete mulch on the first pass, producing compact chip size and reducing the need for back-dragging and reprocessing.
- The Drum Mulcher DC Pro comes standard with Diamond’s Twin Chisel Planer Teeth that generates fine mulch.
- The attachment also accommodates other teeth options for tackling different types of terrain, including Twin Maul Carbide Teeth for use in rough, rocky terrain and Four-Point Hardened Steel Teeth for work in high-production environments.