Caterpillar's VisionLink provides an integrated full-fleet management solution for asset tracking to maximize machine uptime and optimize utilization.
The platform’s refreshed intuitive interface helps customers efficiently manage their entire fleet, regardless of manufacturer.
Features of the system include:
- Improved asset insights retrieve a broader range of data from owned, leased or rented equipment and attachments, allowing companies to make better informed asset management decisions.
- Cloud-based and accessed through desktops, tablets and mobile devices, the new VisionLink consolidates My.Cat.Com, the Cat App, and the previous version of VisionLink applications into one centralized solution for fleet management.
- Simplifying the process for customers, all user accounts, personal settings, account configurations and equipment subscriptions seamlessly transition from these previous platforms to the new VisionLink.
- Allowing users to access their data on the go and in the field, the new VisionLink mobile app replaces the Cat app. A download for both Android and iOS platforms, the new mobile app allows users to stay up to date on key metrics, location of assets, fuel level, idle time and more, all through a smartphone.
- VisionLink’s new “Needs Review” feature allows customers to focus on critical items, bringing to focus areas where actions need to be taken and providing a workflow to schedule tasks. Within “Needs Review,” the new “Task Management” function allows customers to create quick tasks or a task from scratch. It allows for task assignment and ensures task progress and completion are documented.
- VisionLink monitors machine health, fault codes, S∙O∙S fluid analysis, and inspections to plan maintenance. Key personnel can be assigned to receive alerts when an asset requires immediate service to prevent downtime. Customers can also request service and order parts from Cat dealers directly using the new VisionLink mobile app.
- Easy-to-use dashboards allow for asset management by projects, groups, and geofences. Additionally, customers decide who can and cannot access VisionLink by defining access levels for personnel. Customized reports can be generated and sorted automatically to facilitate tasks such as identifying underutilized equipment.