The Extreme Duty Brush Cutter (RS72) is the latest addition to John Deere’s ever-expanding lineup of Worksite Pro attachments. It is optimized to work with select John Deere E- and D-Series skid steers, compact track loaders (CTLs) and most competitive models.
John Deere says this brush cutter boasts many key features that help drive additional productivity from a skid steer or CTL. Most notable is an exclusive, patent-pending retractable forward shield. When using the Extreme Duty Brush Cutter on larger trees and brush (bigger than 4 inches in diameter), the shield will move up and away from the tree to expose the entire cutting edge, protecting the operator from flying debris. Other features and capabilities of the RS72 include:
- Ability to cut heavy brush and trees up to 7 inches in diameter
- Four double beveled-edge blades and optional stump-grinding teeth for easy stump removal and material cutting
- A unique mower deck that funnels brush and trees to the corners of the mower for maximum blade performance
- A smooth deck without deep pockets, so accumulated debris is easily removed or washed away
- A vertical motor that has a heavy-duty spline shaft for increased performance
- A standard pressure gauge indicator that is highly visible to the operator, allowing easy monitoring of blade load to prevent overheating and overloading
With the universal, self-cleaning Quik-Tatch easy attachment system found on all John Deere skid steers and CTLs, the machine can easily add and remove the Extreme Duty Brush Cutter in no time. The new attachment is also backed by John Deere parts, service and warranty coverage.
“Like all Worksite Pro attachments, the Extreme Duty Brush Cutter will optimize job site performance and productivity,” said Gregg Zupancic, product marketing manager, John Deere Construction & Forestry. “We designed this attachment with smart features to quickly clear heavy brush and keep the operator safe, so he or she can focus on the task at hand without worry of flying debris.”