Takeuchi Celebrates Production at New SC Facility
The first compact track loaders have rolled off the assembly line at Takeuchi’s new manufacturing facility in Moore, South Carolina. This facility, Takeuchi’s first production facility in North America, will eventually produce nearly all the company’s compact track loaders, allowing Takeuchi to reduce compact track loader production lead time for its North American customers and better meet market needs worldwide.
“The North American market has demonstrated the greatest demand for Takeuchi compact track loaders over time, and that demand continues to grow,” said Jeff Stewart, president of Takeuchi-U.S. “Manufacturing these popular machines here is a sound business decision because it eliminates the need to ship them from an overseas facility to supply our North American dealers and customers. However, Takeuchi’s global markets are also expanding, and we expect to export more compact track loaders from our new facility as production levels increase.”
- Takeuchi has historically produced compact track loaders at one of their factories in the Nagano province of Japan.
- Forty people currently work at the new 156,000-square-foot production facility and standalone office building, with plans for additional staff to come on board as Takeuchi ramps up track loader production over the next few months.
- The facility will employ around 150 people, generating even more job opportunities and infusing money into the local economy.
Bobcat Co. Opens Aftermarket Parts Distribution Center in Reno
Bobcat Co. officially opened a new, 110,000-square-foot Bobcat Aftermarket Parts Distribution Center (PDC) in Reno, Nevada, marking the first of two new Bobcat PDCs to open in the U.S. in 2022.
"The opening of the Reno parts distribution center reinforces Bobcat’s commitment to providing industry-leading service, as this new facility supports the businesses of our customers and dealer partners by providing greater parts availability and faster deliveries," said Mike Ballweber, president of Bobcat Co. North America.
- Planned opening of an additional PDC in Atlanta, these two new, regional facilities will roughly double the company’s warehouse footprint, adding approximately 445,000 square feet of additional distribution and storage space to the existing 358,000-square-foot primary parts distribution center in Chicago.
- Strategically located in the Western U.S. at 9477 N. Virginia Street in Reno, with accessibility to major airports and highways.
- Employs approximately 35 people and provides Bobcat dealers and customers with enhanced service options, increased inventory and faster parts delivery.
“This additional aftermarket parts distribution facility demonstrates our commitment to providing best-in-class uptime to our customers across United States and Canada,” said Brad Claus, Bobcat Co. vice president of aftermarket parts and service. “This investment will positively impact our dealer network and equipment owners by ensuring we can deliver the right parts at the right time.”